Tuition & Financial Aid
The setting of tuition is undertaken each year in collaboration with the Board and the Head of School. It encompasses the intersection of three considerations:
- Providing resources to address the mission and vision of the school
- Ensuring the financial sustainability of our school
- Making HWIS accessible to as many families as possible
Note: Tuition fees do not include: extended care, after-school enrichment, summer camp, and international travel.
Families whose current financial circumstances may not fully support the tuition required to enroll in HWIS are encouraged to submit an application for assistance under the school’s Financial Aid program. The application must be submitted at the time of enrollment or re-enrollment. Our school seeks families who are committed to our vision, and who can make a significant contribution out of their own resources to make this education a priority for their children. Decisions to award aid are based solely on financial need.
Your child or children must be enrolled in, or accepted to, a five day-per-week day school program for the academic year at HWIS. After school and camp programs are not eligible for financial aid. While most financial aid decisions are made during the annual enrollment cycle in January–February, each year, if financial aid funds are still available, aid decisions will continue to be made on a rolling basis up to the beginning of classes in September. Funding for the financial aid budget each year is based on several factors, including anticipated enrollment. Funds are allocated first to returning families.
- A letter outlining the need for financial aid must be submitted to the school’s Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) Bill Hicks who can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Applicants' financial statements and corresponding documentation—all parents’ or guardians' W-2s and IRS form 1040s for the last two years—must be supplied to our external provider School & Student Services (SSS). Documents should not be submitted directly to HWIS. There is a small fee for using this service, payable to SSS.
- The school’s CAO will receive the results of the review of need from School & Student Services, determine what if any adjustments need to be made to the data, then make the determination whether to award aid and notify the applicant family, which usually occurs within two weeks of the submission of all required documentation to SSS.
Please note that the maximum amount of aid that can typically be awarded is 50% of the tuition based on financial need.
Download PDF > Financial Aid Program