How to Apply
The application process is the same for each campus.
Steps to Apply:
- Visit HWIS - attend a virtual info session or in person tour
- Submit an application
- Upload supplemental materials (report card, teacher recommendation, ISEE scores) to portal
- Schedule child visit and parent interview
- Admissions Decision
To ensure placement, submit applications prior to the deadline. Afterwards, if after this time, spaces are available, we offer spots on a rolling basis.
Admissions Dates for SY23-2024
Early Decision and Sibling Applications Due - November 22, 2022
New student application Due (New York) - January 12, 2023
New student application Due (New Jersey) - January 31, 2023
The HWIS Value Proposition
- Students at HWIS learn content taught in traditional monolingual schools while also developing biliteracy in Mandarin or Spanish to a high level
- Student performance as measured by the ERB outperforms the independent school norm
- Class sizes are smaller vs. other private schools ensuring greater attention and differentiation
- Smaller school setting facilitates greater parent and administration partnership
- Tuition is more affordable compared to most independent schools
- Financial aid is available for qualified families
We are committed to...
- attracting, retaining, and developing the highest quality faculty
- continually improving curriculum and student resources
- offering a breadth of co-curricular experiences outside the classroom including international experiences, field trips, and enrichment
Financial assistance is offered through several vehicles, including different payment plans and need-based tuition assistance.
- Financial Aid Request: Submit a letter outlining the need for financial aid to Bill Hicks, Chief Administrative Officer for HudsonWay Immersion School, at email@example.com
- Financial Aid Documentation: Submit parents’ or guardians' W-2s and IRS Form 1040s for the last two years via School & Student Services. Documents should not be submitted directly to HWIS.
- Financial Aid Decision: Receive notification by the Chief Administrative Officer within two weeks of the submission of all required documentation to School & Student Services
NY notification dates*
Preschool - March 2, 2023
Kindergarten - February 9, 2023
Grade 1 and up - February 14, 2023
* in line with ISAAGNY timeline
NJ notification dates*
All grades - February 10 - March 3, 2023