Placement After HWIS
It is the goal of our placement office to support our students in their discovery of a best fit school after HWIS.
For New York students seeking high school placement - Beginning in the spring of 7th grade NY students begin working with Dr. Robin Aronow, Director of High School Placement, in a group session of all students and parents, followed by individual student/parent meetings. Discussions will include Information about the NYC private and public-school selection process, school profiles and considerations for the various types of schools in NYC. Individual sessions will focus on getting to know students better including what they enjoy in a school, and what goals they wish to pursue.
The Director helps families create their own personal school lists; prepares students for school visits and interviews; gives guidance in the areas of admissions testing options and portfolio and audition preparation; and provides academic records and teacher recommendations requested by high schools. The process continues with ongoing support through the 8th grade admissions season.
At HWIS we are committed to providing personalized guidance to help families find the school where your child will continue to learn and grow.
For New Jersey students seeking placement for Grades 6 and up - Head of School Nelyda Miguel and founder Sharon Huang provide support to students and families seeking to ex-missions to other schools. During the fall of the year preceding the application deadlines, families meet with HWIS to discuss their goals and criteria for ongoing schools. We help develop a list of schools, guidance for the process, and support with coordination of academic records, teacher recommendations and ongoing follow up with the admissions teams.
HudsonWay students have been accepted to the following public and private schools:
• Columbia Grammar and Preparatory School
• Ethical Culture Fieldston
• Friends Seminary
• Horace Mann
• Nightingale Bamford
• Regis High School
• Speyer Legacy
• United Nations International School
• Eton College (London)
• Kings College (London)
• Harrow School (London)
Specialized High School
• Bronx Science
• High School for Math, Science and Engineering at City College
• Stuyvesant High School
Public High School
• Eagle Academy for Young Men of Harlem
• Harvest Collegiate
• Kent Place School
• Montclair-Kimberly Academy
• Newark Academy
• Rutgers Prep
• Gill St. Bernard's School
Dr. Robin Aronow
- Founder of School Search NYC, a consulting service providing support to NYC students and families on navigating school selection process
- 20+ years experience in school admissions consulting
- Ph.D. in clinical social work
- Connections to private school admissions directors, DOE, NY education organizations, and the media