Founded in 2005 as the first private Mandarin and Spanish immersion program in the Tri-State area, HWIS is a national leader in the field of language immersion.
The HWIS full immersion model with the majority of time spent in the target language achieves results.
HWIS students have superior English and math scores on standardized tests relative to their independent school peers and high levels of biliteracy in Mandarin and Spanish.
The HudsonWay experience develops students well prepared to Navigate the World.
How HudsonWay Immersion School achieves results:
- Full immersion model
- Starts at age 2 and continues immersion through Grade 8
- Proprietary curriculum which is differentiated to meet the needs of students
- Small class sizes and low student-to-teacher ratios
- Native speaking teachers who are caring, well-trained, internationally-minded
- Culture of continuous improvement and flexibility
- Partnership with a diverse and supportive parent community
Meet some of the parents sharing their experiences:
What is the HWIS Model?
HWIS students spend the majority of their early years immersed in the target language which enhances both cognitive and language development.