Join the HWIS Team
At HudsonWay Immersion School (HWIS) we pride ourselves on creating an environment in which professionals can grow and develop. We are still small enough that you can learn things outside of the traditional boundaries of your job description. You are encouraged to talk to others in different departments, learn new skills, work on interdepartmental projects and / or committees, and develop, both personally and professionally.—As a matter of fact, we require it. We work to support, challenge, and inspire each other, so we can all succeed together.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401K, paid holidays, PTO, and additional voluntary benefits as well. We also support H1B sponsorship.
If you think you might be a good fit for HWIS, please review our current job openings below, and send your resume, and cover letter, along with salary requirements, to email@example.com. We regret that we will not be able to respond to all applicants, and only those of interest will be contacted.
Please note that resumes submitted without a cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered.
ELA TEACHER – ELEMENTARY - NY
This position provides ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies instruction for K to 3rd grade. Must have an understanding and commitment to the vision of the language immersion model. S/He must possess an excellent command of the language of instruction (English) in order to maintain high academic standards as well as adhere to the language policy of the classroom.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the time designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs of students i.e. differentiates instruction for children of different linguistic, cultural and academic backgrounds, as well as for children with different learning styles, needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects , etc.
- Employs a variety of instructional strategies, inclusive of immersion techniques, and instructional media, based on the needs/capabilities of the student s.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action our instructional goals and objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments, including linguistic benchmarks in the target language, of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains accurate and correct records as required by law, school policy and administrative regulations.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends professional development, curriculum development sessions and staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
- Native speaker of English
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in elementary education required
- 3-4 yrs classroom experience with elementary age children needed
- Teacher Certification in appropriate subject area highly preferred
- Superb written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Excellent organizational and classroom management skills expected
- Strong computer skills, including internet, MS office, use of technology in classroom required
- Positive attitude a must
Please send resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Job descriptions do not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and are subject to change by the employer at any time as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.