Welcome to The HWIS Preschool
HudsonWay Immersion School is the Northeast's first Mandarin & Spanish Immersion Early Childhood Program, with the longest track record of developing preschool children into bilingual, biliterate students. An immersion preschool education develops a great foundation for skills important to your child's future success.
Here's why the preschool experience at HWIS is the best early learning experience for your child:
- We support spending 90-100% of the day in another language (target language) maximizing critical thinking and ensuring high language proficiency
- Our leadership has extensive experience developing model immersion programs
- Our native speaking staff provide students with a nurturing environment to learn & grow
- A lower student to teacher ratio (1:4 for 2’s, 1:6 for 3’s and 1:8 for 4’s) allows for greater individual attention
- A five-day preschool experience maximizes your child's social-emotional development and classroom cohesiveness. Our student body is extremely diverse, enriching our community and ensuring all cultures are celebrated.
- Our goal is to partner with parents to develop the social confidence of each child, an appreciation of and empathy towards others, and a strong academic foundation.
New York Preschool
Students are divided into the following groups:
- 2’s – choice of half-day (8:30-12:00pm) or full day (8:30-3:30pm)
- 3’s – choice of half-day (8:30-12:00pm) or full day (8:30-3:30pm)
- Pre-Kindergarten – full day (8:30-3:30pm)
New Jersey Preschool
Preschool students may begin at age of 2.5 in our full day program. P1 students have the option of a half-day schedule.
- P1 – ages 2.5-3.5 choice of half-day (8:30-12:00pm) or full day (8:30-3:30pm)
- P2 – ages 3.5-5 full day (8:30-3:30pm)