Culture and Values
Our Core Values are the key principles that reflect the community of HWIS—the values of our leaders, staff, students, and parents. We are committed to the ongoing effort of living these values through our behavior, and in guiding all those with whom we work in a shared sense of purpose and awareness of being.
- Respect - We recognize the unique value of each individual, his/her feelings and viewpoints, and strive to treat others as we would want to be treated. We are sensitive to different cultural norms.
- Integrity - We do what we say we are going to do. We value open and honest communication for positive impact on others and on our work.
- Quality - We have a shared commitment to doing our best work and striving for excellence.
- Teamwork - We believe that more can be accomplished together than individually and that each individual can bring unique talents and perspectives to any situation.
- Accountability – We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and for those we mentor.
- Innovation - We believe that we can continually improve and are actively seeking ways to improve ourselves and our school.
- Communication – We strive to understand for meaning when we listen, and we communicate supportively.
- Customer Service – We aim to earn the trust and support of our parents and students.
- Transparency – We share information required for collaboration, cooperation, and collective decision making. There are no hidden agendas.
Have any additional questions?
If you have any additional questions about Culture and Values @ HWIS, or a general inquiry, we encourage you to contact us using the following form. We will respond as quickly as possible!