Mandarin and Spanish are both equally important languages to learn.
Here are some statistics on the importance of Spanish:
- Over 400 million people speak Spanish as their first language worldwide.
- Spanish is the first language spoken in over 22 countries.
- Spanish is the most widely spoken second language in the United States with growth of the Hispanic population expected to continue.
- Learning Spanish provides a window into a culture that is rich in history and will enable students to connect with people all around the globe.
- Fluency in Spanish offers career advantages both nationally and abroad.
- Spanish is one of the official languages of the United Nations.