HWIS at a Glance
%of HWIS students don't have either of the target languages spoken at home
%of families have been with HWIS for 4+ years
%of HWIS students started with no prior knowledge of either Mandarin or Spanish
miles/dayaverage distance traveled by HWIS families to get to school
- A school with two campuses, one in Stirling, NJ, the other on the Upper West side of Manhattan, enrolling over 200 day school students. HWIS has been funded solely by the founders, and operating funds have consistently been reinvested into the program.
- Highly experienced immersion educational leaders, fluent in the target languages, and best practices in immersion.
- A staff of over forty professionals trained in and deeply committed to our mission and values.
- Over 10 years of experience in all aspects of operating a preschool through grade 5 program.
- A member of the Asia Society’s Chinese Early Language Immersion Network (CELIN). Membership in this organization, which is by invitation only, is exclusive to leading Mandarin immersion programs.
- Superior academic testing results of our grades 2–5 students despite less instructional time in English compared to traditional schools. HWIS students consistently outperform gifted and talented public school programs and independent schools across all subject areas, at every grade level.
- Unprecedented Mandarin and Spanish proficiency levels. When compared to other immersion schools, our students surpass immersion benchmarks on the ACTFL proficiency scale.
- A developer of unique immersion camp programs abroad where children as young as age 5 travel abroad with their families to join local children in an immersion environment.
- An engaged, committed, and vibrant parent community.