Mandarin and Spanish are both equally important languages to learn.
Here are some statistics on the importance of Mandarin:
- Over one billion people speak Mandarin as their first language. Mandarin is the most widely spoken first language in the world.
- According to some estimates, China is on track to overtake the United States as the number one world economy by the year 2020.
- Chinese, with its vast number of unique characters and tones, is best learned as early as possible.
- China is a window into a culture with 5000 years of history very different from that of our western culture, thus offering students a broader cultural understanding.
- Fluency in Mandarin offers career advantages both nationally and abroad.
- Mandarin Chinese is one of the official languages of the United Nations